Balcony Press is always interested in new manuscripts on art, architecture and design topics. Books that take a historical or cultural slant, as opposed to technical, biographical or how-to.
• Authors are responsible for providing all photos, illustrations and permissions to be used in the book.
• No royalty advances or expenses are offered.
• Royalties are 10% of net revenues from book sales.
• Proposals will be responded to within 1 month.
Full manuscript will be responded to in 3 months.
IF YOU ARE PLANNING to submit an idea for a photography book please be sure there is a strong cohesive idea, that it is unique, and that you have a qualified writer lined up to prepare accompanying text.
Proposals can be submitted via e-mail email@example.com or by mail to the following address:
Balcony Press 812 Fremont, Suite 205, South Pasadena, CA 91030
PROPOSALS SHOULD INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
• Book title and brief summary of the book's content
• Proposed length of manuscript and approximate quantity of illustrations, photos, etc.
• Description of the audience for the book and any ideas you have for promoting it
• What is unusual about the book and what is the competition?
• Author biography or resume
• Suggested table of contents
• Sample chapter and introduction
• SASE for anything you want returned –– MANDATORY