Balcony Press is always interested in new manuscripts on art, architecture and design topics. Books that take a historical or cultural slant, as opposed to technical, biographical or how-to.
Contact Balcony Press
Submit Your Proposal
Proposals may be submitted via email or by mail.
If you are planning to submit an idea for a photography book please be sure there is a strong cohesive idea, that is unique, and that you have a qualified writer lined up to prepare accompanying text.
Proposals should include the following
- Book title and brief summary of the book’s content.
- Proposed length of manuscript and approximate quantity of illustrations, photos, etc.
- Description of the audience for the book and any ideas you have for promoting it.
- What is unusual about the book? What is the competition?
- Author biography or resumé.
- Suggested table of contents.
- Sample chapter and introduction.
- SASE for anything you want returned –– MANDATORY.
- Authors are responsible for providing all photos, illustrations, and permissions to be used in the book.
- No royalty advances or expenses are offered.
- Royalties are 10% of net revenues from book sales.
- Proposals will be responded to within 1 month.
- Full manuscript will be responded to in 3 months.