|Balcony Press is interested in manuscripts on art, architecture and design topics. Books normally take a historic or cultural slant as opposed to technical, biographical or how-to.
If you are planning to submit an idea for a photography book please be sure there is a strong cohesive idea, that it is unique, and that you have a qualified writer lined up to prepare accompanying text.
Submit proposals via e-mail or mail to:
Balcony Press, 812 Fremont, Suite 205, South Pasadena, CA 91030
Proposals should include the following:
- Book title and brief summary of the book's content
- Proposed length of manuscript and approximate quantity of illustrations, photos, etc.
- Description of the audience for the book and any ideas you have for promoting it
- What is unusual about the book and what is the competition?
- Author biography or resume
- Suggested table of contents
- Sample chapter and introduction
- SASE for anything you want returned-- MANDATORY
are responsible for providing all photos, illustrations and permissions
to be used in the book.
royalty advances or expenses are offered.
are 10% of net revenues from book sales.
will be responded to within 1 month.
manuscript will be responded to in 3 months.